How is today Thursday? This week is flying by! Probably because my days are go-go-go from before the sun is even up!
It’s been a loooong time since I hopped on the Thinking Out Loud train and since I have a lot of random thoughts to share it seemed like a fitting time to join in.
- Summer is over 🙁 I know, I know, it’s still August but cross country practice started Monday! I was so lucky this summer and was able to be flexible with working from home and in the office but this week I hit the pavement hard. I’m really excited for the season to be underway as we have a great group of athletes. It’s just a hard transition back to those 4:45am wake-ups.
- Since my schedule was so flexible during the summer we were using a babysitter for Liv, she was wonderful but is off to teach English abroad so Liv started daycare last week. She transitioned really well to the schedule and only cried a little bit at drop off the first 4 days. On day 5 no tears, and on day 6 she was ready to go play with her friends when Henri dropped her off. It’s so great to hear that she’s enjoying it and am so thankful that we were able to slowly transition from me working part-time to full-time over the past year because I know it would be a shock for both her and I if we had started daycare full-time right at 3 months.
- Henri’s car broke down about 2 weeks ago and we’ve spent the last few weeks getting various opinions on it and attempting to get it fixed. We just got word last week that it has officially kicked the bucket… sooo, we’re taking suggestions on good family cars. 🙂
- I’m running a half marathon this weekend! I’ll be racing in the elite field at the America’s Finest City Half Marathon in San Diego on Sunday. It’ll be interesting because my PR is definitely towards the back of the pack. I’m trying to go into it relaxed and am reminding myself that I’m mostly just using it as a test of fitness and to get a seed time for some goal races I’m planning to do later this fall. (for the future races I want to do you have to have a half marathon time within the past 2 years and it’s been almost 2.5 years since I really raced a half)
- I’m trying out the whole collagen in my coffee thing and I think I’m liking it. We went with the Vital Proteins brand because I’ve heard good things about it from lots of different people and I’m *pretty* sure I can’t taste it. Henri claims he can taste it a little bit in coffee so he’s been adding it to smoothies instead which he says covers it up better. Do you use collagen? What differences/benefits do you notice from it?
- A few weeks ago I promised a giveaway on Instagram when I hit 2K followers (I know, I know, small beans in the Insta world) and I’m officially over 2,000! Soooo…. keep your eyes peeled for a giveaway next week! And make sure that you’re following my on Instagram because that’s where I’ll be doing the giveaway! 🙂
- As of tomorrow I will be DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL!!!! It took me a little over two years but I did it! Just praying that I passed the comprehensive exam that I took last week and that my mock interview/resume review goes well tomorrow and I am D.O.N.E! 😀
Hope you’re having a wonderful week!
Feel free to tell me something you’re Thinking Out Loud below! 🙂