Wow! What a weekend! I can’t even begin to wrap my mind around everything that happened this weekend! I met a lot of amazing people (both bloggers and non-bloggers), ate oodles of amazing food, took a selfie with BART YASSO, got … Continue reading
Good morning! You made it to the weekend! I’m still in PA and still loving it! We’ve been so busy since we got here that there hasn’t been ANY time to sit down and do an in depth recap yet … Continue reading
Well hello there! This morning I’m comin’ attcha from beautiful Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. I feel like I am going a little bit crazy with all of the traveling I’ve been doing this past week but it sure is a heck of … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I was contacted by the people at AlterG asking if I wanted to go for a test run on one of their anti-gravity treadmills and write about it for you peeps! I actually used the AlterG a couple … Continue reading
Since I’m heading to the Runner’s World Half & Festival tomorrow today is like my Friday. I’m a big fan of this 2-day work week thing I got going this week! Marathon weekends require a lot of eating and we definitely did … Continue reading
Oh, hey there! After a long night of traveling we finally made it home from Chicago at 2:30 this morning. I am crazy tired but haven’t been so happy after a marathon EVER and needed to share my recap with you … Continue reading
Well, today was exciting! A new PR for me and two girls I coach qualified for BOSTON!!! Training Summary: 10/6/2014-10/12/2014 Monday – AM: 8 miles @ 7:24 pace + 10 mins abs PM: Killer Arm Workout (check in this week for … Continue reading
Right now I’m probably out and about running through the streets of Chicago with all my hometown besties!!! Good luck to everyone else running Chicago, or ANY marathon/race today!! I’ll check in later today with this week’s training recap. Talk … Continue reading
While you’re reading this I will either be on the plane heading to Chicago, shaking everything out with a bunch of new running buds at the ProCompression Shake-Out Run, exploring the marathon expo, or carbo-loading and wondering what the hey I have … Continue reading
I can’t believe that we fly to Chicago TOMORROW! In some ways it feels like I just ran Boston yesterday…
I usually run local races or drive down to the race location the night before and drive home right after the race (and a tasty breakfast of course) so I’ve actually NEVER flown to a race before. It took me 45 mins to drive to the start of the LA marathon from where I was living at the time and the start line of Boston is literally 3 miles from my parents’ house, so this is definitely going to be a new experience for me.
I not known for being the most organized person and wanted to make sure that I didn’t forget anything for this trip so I made a packing list and checked off each item as I put them in my bag!
Here are my top 10 essentials in my luggage!
2. Sneakers – Speaks for itself! Even if you plan on wearing them for your travel throw an extra pair in your bag in case you change your mind last minute (<– this happened to me once on an XC trip in college, doh)
3. Throwaway Clothes – think ahead! You don’t want to wear something you love to the starting line to keep warm and end up having to throw it away. In my bag I have mismatched gloves, Christmas themed pajama pants and an old long sleeve from a met wayyyy back in high school.
5. iPod/iPhone with headphones (& CHARGER) – For listening to music or taking those important marathon photos!!
8. Back up pre-race breakfast – Sometime your hotel will have free breakfast, sometimes they won’t I always bring something with me JUST IN CASE! This time around it’s instant oatmeal and some plain bagels.
10. Info for Bib Pick-Up – Whether you need a piece of paper or just your license make sure you have everything that you need to pick up your bib!
What on your essential race-cation packing list?
What kind of fuel belt do you use? Do you like it?