Hello there! Happy Tuesday – I hope your week is going well so far. Mine has been relaxing in the mornings and busy in the afternoons/evenings. That isn’t usually my normal speed but I’m starting to get used to it.
Grad school got pretty busy the last two weeks (I think in preparation for the Thanksgiving holiday coming up) and I had an 8 page paper due for my Ethics class last Thursday and a giant test for my Musckuloskeletal Adaptations to Training class last night. Needless to say, I’ve spent 99% of the last week working on school work.
Today I’m popping in to share a little bit about our weekend/Monday in an easy list form. Let’s call it “10 Things Tuesday”!
1. First off, and most importantly, THE BOYS TEAM MADE IT TO CIF-FINALS!!!! They placed in the top 8 of their prelim race and ran some amazing times along the way! I was running around like crazy cheering them on during their race that I didn’t snag any pics but I did grab a pic of my coconut donut from the coaches’ table – YUM!
2. Are anyone else’s dogs as weird as ours? Please tell me I’m not the only one! The other day Finn sat like this (with his butt on my shoulder) for a good half an hour… like, what???
3. Henri had to help his dad with a house project on Saturday afternoon so I dragged my SIL, Monet, to the musical at the school where I coach. They did SHREK, which you’d think would be hard to turn into a musical but actually ended up being amazing! The kids are super talented and the script had us laughing the whole night!
4. I spotted a new ice cream place during my run the other day so Sunday night Henri and I decided to try it out! It was a really cool spot, they use liquid nitrogen to freeze your ice cream right there, and the ice cream turned out super creamy. I got the banana with brownie which was delicious and Henri got Snickers ice cream with fruity pebbles mixed in. We’ll definitely be back for more!
5. I ran my first race with the Jane’s on Sunday morning. It was nothing to write home about – especially since I wasn’t feeling good (at all) but it sure was nice to have a team to run with again!
6. Henri and I took an impromptu trip to IKEA this weekend and I spotted this rug. How cute would this be for a mini running fan??
7. I’m in charge of pies for Thanksgiving with Henri’s family this year and I am TOTALLY doing this for my apple pie crust. How fancy is that!??
9. Hikes have really become one of our favorite family activities. Yesterday we took the pups for a hike in a new-to-me trail in town and had so much fun exploring somewhere new. This park has an incredible trail network, and I can’t wait to explore the rest of the trails!
10. The items in the checkout lane at Trader Joe’s always distract me when I’m waiting in line and yesterday these caught my eye. I wasn’t so sure about the turkey part but I LOVE stuffing and since they were only $1.99 I scooped them up. Best decision I ever made!! These are seriously so good, they are thin, crispy and the flavoring is actually really tasty!
Tell me something about your weekend!!
What is your favorite holiday item at Trader Joe’s?